LaRouche Opposes Any Military Action;
The Danger of Thermonuclear War is Too Grave
by Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr..
Aug 29, 2013
1. Any U.S. attack on Syria has the potential to trigger a larger war, which could lead to a thermonuclear war and extinction. This threat is so serious that any other considerations in favor of U.S. military action against Syria must be rejected due to this overwhelming danger. Claims that the Administration has “understandings” with Russia and Iran to prevent such an escalation must be dismissed as unreliable, particularly when weighed against the threat of military action leading to world war and the likelihood of the use of thermonuclear weapons.
2. The Syrian events must be seen from the standpoint that the world system today is dominated by an imperial system with historical roots in Europe dating back to the sacking of Troy and the emergence of the Roman Empire. The sickness of Europe which prevails to this day in the form of the modern Anglo-Dutch global monetarist system dominates the habits of the world. The British Crown is on record promoting a policy of mass population reduction from the current level of 7 billion people down to 1-2 billion. President Obama is a tool of this international group, represented in the United States by the Wall Street combination. Thermonuclear war must be prevented absolutely, and a military strike against Syria, no matter how limited in scope, brings the world substantially closer to such a war.
3. The present Anglo-Dutch global financial system is headed ultimately towards a general bankruptcy. It is coming soon, and this is driving a desperate faction among the Anglo-Dutch to contemplate an escalation to global war. The fact that there is serious movement in the United States and in other parts of the world towards a Glass Steagall solution to the global bankruptcy collapse is further driving Wall Street into a panic.
4. The threatened consequences of a Syria strike add to the fact that there is no basis in international law or U.S. Constitutional law for President Obama to launch strikes against Syria. Defeat Obama on Syria and he will go ape. He must be removed from office for cause and the fact that he is contemplating an attack on Syria, knowing the potential consequences, is in itself sufficient cause.
5. The U.S. military has been decimated through more than a decade of long wars. The logic of the U.S. buildup against Russia and China is moving the world towards a Pacific thermonuclear war. Once the fuse is lit with even a limited military strike against Syria, the situation immediately moves out of control.
6. Prevent this Syria attack at all costs, implement Glass Steagall immediately and new prospects for global stability are immediately available. The United States has the opportunity to partner with China. The world is a mess and we need a factor of stability. The Chinese know that a further collapse of Europe and the United States assures the collapse of China. Combine Glass Steagall with a cooperative global crash effort to achieve fusion power and the conditions driving the world to a war of extinction can be eliminated altogether.
7. In principle, this looming war can be stopped by a relatively small number of people who understand how to carry out an effective flanking operation. The logic of the current Obama policy trajectory is that, if you let it run its course, we are in danger of thermonuclear war. Russia has been put in a corner and any further actions can provoke an unrestrained response. So far, Putin, although he is in a touchy situation, is acting with restraint.
Intervention in Syria Could Lead to the Extermination of Civilization!
by Helga Zepp-LaRouche
Aug 29, 2013
In a campaign statement issued August 27, 2013 the founder of the international Schiller Institute and President of the Civil Rights Movement Solidarity (BüSo), Helga Zepp-LaRouche, warned of the acute danger of world war, and called for a complete change in policy in the trans-Atlantic world, which she then outlined.
We quote from the strategic part of her call:
“The (threatened) military intervention in Syria by a new 'coalition of the willing', under Barack Obama and David Cameron is potentially the beginning of a thermonuclear World War III, which can lead to the extinction of human civilization. It is the equivalent of the Wehrmacht's invasion of Poland on September 1, 1939. It not only threatens to trigger a conflagration in the entire Middle East, it also means a confrontation with Russia and China – with all the consequences that will have.
“This policy towards Syria is only an additional stone in the mosaic of the 'regime change' policy that led to the war in Iraq, which as we know, was based on the lies of Tony Blair and George Bush Jr. Likewise, the war in Afghanistan was based on lies, the lies about September 11, as was the war against Libya and now against Syria. And now a thermonuclear World War III is threatening.
“The 'regime change' policy was the response of George Bush Senior and Margaret Thatcher to the breakup of the Soviet Union. Any and all governments which would oppose the new Anglo-American empire – that of globalization – were to be removed from power through a combination of measures. This 'globalization' went along with the total deregulation of financial markets, i.e., the transformation of the real economy into a casino-economy of speculation and unbridled profit maximization.
“The system of globalization has come to its end. The acute war danger is only ostensibly coming from events in the Middle East. The deeper cause, and the threatened acute trigger, is the imminent collapse of the global financial system, a system which is hopelessly overindebted because of virtual derivatives speculation, and will probably not survive the end of the U.S. fiscal year, i.e., the end of September.
“There is a solution: the policy of the empire must come to an end. The indispensable step is the reintroduction of the banking separation in the tradition of the Glass-Steagall Act, which allowed Franklin Roosevelt in 1933 to overcome the financial crisis and the depression. Practically, that means putting an end to the casino aspect of the economy and rebuilding the real economy.
“Both the red-green [SPD-Grünen] and then the black-yellow [CDU-FDP] coalitions accepted the dictates of this Anglo-American dominated globalization – the red-green coalition started the deregulation, and the black-yellow coalition did nothing to restrict it after the 2008 financial crisis, which makes all these parties completely useless when it comes to defending the general welfare....
“There is only one chance: the U.S. Congress must pass Glass-Steagall and thereby bring the casino economy to an end. If that happens in the States, Europe will have no choice but to do the same thing. Lyndon LaRouche is the intellectual leader of a broad, national movement in the U.S. which is for the revival of this tradition of Roosevelt. That is also the only chance to stop the war danger by strengthening the internal opposition within the United States....”
Helga Zepp-LaRouche's statement is available in full, in German, here: http://bueso.de/node/6691